Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Little Patch of Mud

I have never been a fan of white on horses, or in the horsey vernacular,¨Chrome¨ or ¨Bling¨.

White on horses equates to filthy horse. It means lots of rugging, or washing and grooming to keep on top of the dirt. That is not me. I love brushing horses before and after riding, but to brush simply to keep a horse looking clean in a paddock is just not my thing.

However, I do own a paint clydesdale cross with HEAPS of chrome. I had vowed never to own a horse with bling, but this sad little horse was at the horse sales and destined to end up as a can of dog food. I could not leave him behind. So he and his little buddy in the next pen came home with me.

I go out into the paddock this morning and there is Hendrix, in all of his painty glory, looking like he has been slip-sliding through a mud slick. I just have to close my eyes and pretend that the mud does not exist. At least Faran, my appaloosa clydesdale cross, LOOKS clean!




Cash can be counted on to keep himself looking spiffy, so I don´t have to worry him with a brushing, but....







Guess what I got up to today?

Yep, restoring a naughty little muddy pony to his blingiest best...and then it rained..and then he rolled...and then I gave up.

I swear that I will NEVER buy a bling-y horse again!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I thought goats were tricky but they are a doddle compared to horses, by the sound of it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first 2, but the photo of Cash didn't come up? Have you put him in hiding? In the Sin Bin? (BTW I love Hendrix!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must confess that I could not get a photo of Cash as my little appaloosa, Faran, kept getting in the way. Literally, I have nose and lick marks on my mobile phone. I do have one particular fetching photo of his blurry nose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol but they are gorgeous!! And just think of the fun they had rolling in the mud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny but they are so cute, mud and all.

    ReplyDelete